RE: st: Missing values and listing IDs

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Missing values and listing IDs
Date   Thu, 13 Nov 2008 13:04:07 -0000

Note that what you must type, or otherwise get Stata to see, is

missing(x1,x2,x3,x4,x5,x6)

That is, Stata will not replace an ellipsis ... with what you intend or
imply.

That said, you can go

list id if missing(x1,x2,x3,x4,x5,x6)

The new variable is not essential for this purpose.

Johannes Geyer

gen miss0 = missing(x1,x2,x3,...,x6)
list id if miss0 == 1

Sham