st: xtlogit with panel variable

From   "Fardad Zand" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: xtlogit with panel variable
Date   Wed, 12 Nov 2008 15:36:44 +0100

Hi Stataers,

I would like to run xtlogit, fe to resemble the method discussed in
Chamberlain (1980) "Analysis of Covariance with Qualitative Data" to
avoid several separate dummy variables for each category of data (you
can think of country-sector pairs). I believe I can do that by adding
the i() variable pointing to my category variable (here, the
country-sector pairs), RIGHT? What if I don't include the i() suffix
after xtlogit, fe?

Besides, I couldn't find i() among the options of xtlogit when looked
at the help while!!!!

Thank you so much for clarifying the issue to me.

Regards,
Fardad

--
ir. Fardad Zand
Researcher & PhD Candidate

Department of Economics & Management of Innovation
Faculty of Technology, Policy & Management
Delft University of Technology

Kruisstraat 30
2611 MJ Delft
the Netherlands