st: sample *.do or *.ado files about writing XML in Stata

From   "Jason Ferris" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: sample *.do or *.ado files about writing XML in Stata
Date   Wed, 12 Nov 2008 09:51:46 +1100

I am trying to get my head around writing do files that will save
results in XML.  In particular, I would like to format lines on a table
and control decimal place output (e.g., 3.10 - where the zero won't
round out in spreadsheet applications).  I would be interested in simple
examples (i.e., preferable not long and complex do files).

I have reviewed Newson's listtex command and Gini and Pasquini's
"automatic generation of documents" and Sajaia and Lokshin's
XML_TAB.ado.  Whilst these give some insight they either focus on
HTML/LATEX or the complexity of the commands are too much for me.  I
would like some baby steps here.

Jason
Using Windows XP, Stata Ver 10.1 SE, Microsoft Office and WinEdit

Jason Ferris, BPsych(Hons) MBiostat GStat
Research Fellow
Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society
La Trobe University
215 Franklin St
Melbourne VIC 3000
P: 61 (0)3 9285 5282