Re: st: Significance of Probit estimates versus marginal effects

From   Kir1 <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Significance of Probit estimates versus marginal effects
Date   Tue, 11 Nov 2008 02:18:40 -0800

Thanks Maarten, now I get the difference between the two hypotheses (
X affecting Y versus X affecting Y*).

I had known the difference between margeff and margeff at(mean). I am
using margeff but I tried margeff at(mean) to compare the extent of
difference in significance. Perhaps there is a difference in the way
the standard errors are calculated margeff at(mean) gives a standard
error even when mfx says standard errors cannot be computed. Perhaps
my earlier statement was not too clear.

Thanks Scott, now I need to spend some time figuring out mfx compute,
predict(p) versus mfx compute, predict(xb).  And Jay I got the 2nd ed.
and I really like the book.

Kiron