Re: st: -log- in Stata to bypass commands that resulted in errors?

From   "David Elliott" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -log- in Stata to bypass commands that resulted in errors?
Date   Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:33:54 -0400

I came across Mingfeng Lin's question:
--

Alan Riley's answer covered what is possible from the review window by
filtering out the !_rc statements.  However, there appears to be no

Like Mingfeng I wish I could either (1) log only successful commands
or (2) have the _rc included in a preceding or following comment like:
  balderdash
  /*unrecognized command:  balderdash
  r(199);*/
or
  /*r(199)*/ balderdash

This would make it relatively simple to find,examine and eliminate
manually or programmatically those error-producing statements even
long after the fact.  I think the concept would be a useful -cmdlog-
option.

David Elliott

* Automatic Command Log creating code if anyone is interested:
// Create a time-stamped default command log for every session
capture log using "`c(sysdir_personal)'command.txt", append text
noisily di _n(3) _dup(80) "*" _n ///
  c(current_time) + " " + c(current_date) _n ///
  _dup(80) "*" _n(2)
capture log close
cmdlog using "`c(sysdir_personal)'command.txt", append