Re: st: Running do files from other folders?

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Running do files from other folders?
Date   Fri, 7 Nov 2008 18:04:57 -0500

Yes, Robert, you can do that, given that the .do file itself does not
expect to be run from a particular directory. As in a frequent case,
when a do file (stored with an accompanying dataset) starts with -use
blahblah.dta-. Then if you run it from a different directory (with the
full path preceding the file name), the do file will run, but it will
not find the data and will not function properly.

1) you may refer to data by absolute paths in the do file
2) you can -chdir- to the directory where the data file is located and
then execute it with -do- or -run-
3) other options are available in case #1 and #2 do not help.

Don't forget to use quotes if the path contains spaces.

c(pwd) will tell you the current directory if you need to address it
in your program. E.g.
dir `"`c(pwd)'\.."'
will display the filelist of the parent directory of the current directory.

Regards, Sergiy Radyakin