RE: st: RE: extract t-values

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: extract t-values
Date   Fri, 7 Nov 2008 13:47:23 -0000

Quite apart from several other comments, some repeated, note that quite
what these P-values mean collectively is highly unclear. Overlapping
windows of time series cannot be independent of each other! You would be
fighting with at least three issues simultaneously, overlap; inference
for related time series; and multiple comparisons! Conversely, if you
just want the P-value as an indication of strength of relationship, then
go for a measure of strength of relationship that is less fragile and
more directly related to the (social) science of what you are doing.

Bastian Steingros