Re: st:better way to calculate XfBm after -oaxaca- for mael and female

From   "Ben Jann" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st:better way to calculate XfBm after -oaxaca- for mael and female
Date   Tue, 4 Nov 2008 22:42:09 +0100

I am not sure whether I correctly understand the question, but I think
XfBf and XfBm (where X stands for the vector of means, B for the
coefficients vector, and f/m for female/male) can be easily computed,
e.g. as follows:

 . use http://fmwww.bc.edu/RePEc/bocode/o/oaxaca.dta
 . oaxaca lnwage educ exper tenure, by(female)
 . display [Differential]_b[Prediction_2]
 . display [Differential]_b[Prediction_2] + [Decomposition]_b[Coefficients]

or

 . matrix b = e(b)
 . display b[1,2]
 . display b[1,2] + b[1,5]

(i.e. XfBf is the mean prediction for group 2,  XfBm is the mean
prediction plus the Coefficients component.)

Depending on the type of decomposition and if -detail- is specified
you have to adjust the labels/column numbers in the example.

ben