Re: st: Interpretation of regressionmodel of ln-transformed variable

From   "roland andersson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Interpretation of regressionmodel of ln-transformed variable
Date   Tue, 4 Nov 2008 21:21:25 +0100

Austin

I will look into your answer in more detail later. I am not sure what
you mean by no right censoring. All the patients have been discharged
so there is no censoring.

And as to your final comment - this is real life data and the patients
are not randomised. The laparoscopic patients have shorter LOS if
described as the mean, but not as the median (LOS is median 2 days and
5-95% range 1-7 days in both groups). As there are confounding from
differences in age, diagnosis, sex, comorbidity and so forth the
laparoscopic patients may in fact have longer LOS after adjustment for
these confounders.

Greetings

Roland Andersson