Re: st: Please help with maximum likelihood (method lf)

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Please help with maximum likelihood (method lf)
Date   Mon, 3 Nov 2008 12:29:22 +0000 (GMT)

--- Katia Bobulova <[email protected]> wrote:
> Marteen, I tried to split my likelihood, but I am still receiving the
> message that few variables are specified.
>
> Nick, I set trace on, but I am absolutely not able to decode the
> output, maybe it is too advanced for me.
> The only thing that I have understood is that there is an error
> 198....but I don't have idea of how to solve it.

I did not say that breaking up your likelihood into more manageble
pieces will solve your problem. I only said that it would make it
easier for you to spot the problem. If all you did was breaking up your
likelihood, than nothing changed, so you will get exactly the same
error message.

I also gave you two other pieces of advise: specify the dependent
variable, and start with a simple model.

Debugging can take a lot of time, and there is not a lot we can do to
help you other than give these general pieces of advise.

I am presuming that you have read
http://www.stata-press.com/books/ml.html . If not, than you should read
it.

-- Maarten