st: R: Kruskal-Wallis equivalent for survey data with pweight

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: R: Kruskal-Wallis equivalent for survey data with pweight
Date   Fri, 31 Oct 2008 09:20:24 +0100

Dear Aca,
why don't perform bootstrap ANOVA test in oeder to allo for the skewed
distribution of the response variable?

Kind Regards,
Carlo
-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Per conto di Aca N.T.
Inviato: venerdì 31 ottobre 2008 6.38
A: [email protected]
Oggetto: st: Kruskal-Wallis equivalent for survey data with pweight

I have a simple question about testing length of stay (LOS)
differences among 5 groups. The response variable (LOS) has a skewed
distribution. I have previously transformed the LOS (log
transformation) and tried parametric statistic (ANOVA using
svy:regress), but not happy when performing back-transformation for
SD/SE. I rarely used non-parametric statistics before even for
non-survey data, so really this issue is a hassle for me. I believe,
however, that Stata has a test equivalent to Kruskal-Wallis for survey
data.
Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Aca