Re: st: examples propensity score matching

From   Michael McCulloch <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: examples propensity score matching
Date   Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:39:54 -0700

Dear Gaby,
You should have the main treatment variable as categorical, and your other covariates can be either categorical or continuous. The following paper provides a good overview of the -pscore- Stata ado program, and was written by the author of -pscore-:

Becker, S. O. and A. Ichino (2002). "Estimation of average treatment effects based on propensity scores." The Stata Journal 2(4): 358-77.

Hope this helps,
Michael

Dear Stata users,

A very basic question. I want to take a look at how to do a propensity score matching in stata (commands psmatch2, pscore, I think).

I have two cross sectional surveys (t1, t2) where I observe treatment and control individuals in the second period but I cant know the conterfactual in t1. I want to use propensity score matching to indivudals in t2 to individuals in t1 based on some observable characteristics.

I have technical readings and literature but I would like to know the how to in Stata. how the data should look? should I pool individuals for both cross-sections?
thanks,
Gaby