st: RES: examples propensity score matching

From   "Henrique Neder" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RES: examples propensity score matching
Date   Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:00:35 -0200

Ana Gabriela

Your data have to look like this:

       Year group Varresult1 varresult2 covariate1 covariate2 ....
covariatek
Obs 1   t1  treat   ....       ....      ....
Obs 2   t1  contr
Obs 3

.....   t2  treat
Obs n   t1  contr

Where varresult is result variable and covariate are the covariates used in
logit/probit model.

If you have no counterfactual information for the period 1 refering about
result variables, you can´t estimate double difference but you estimate only
a cross section estimate for the period t2. Your covariates in the logit
model have to be dated in t1 (or more precisely prior to treatment). So, if
your treatment is dated in t1 or before and if you don?t observe the control
individuals in t1, it is impossible to estimate the propensity score. You
have to observe the covariates (used in the logit/probit model) prior the
treatment date unless all your covariates are fixed in time.

Henrique Neder