st: Re: save results from the simulation

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: save results from the simulation
Date   Mon, 27 Oct 2008 09:13:12 -0400

< >
I believe you will have to extract the desired elements from those matrices and return them as scalars, e.g. within your program,

	mfx
	mat xmfxx = e(Xmfx_X)
	ret scalar xmfxx1 = xmfxx[1,1]
	ret scalar xmfxx2 = xmfxx[1,2]
	eret clear

Something I did not know is that -simulate- will pick up everything in r() if it has been changed but e() has not. Of course -logit- and - mfx- change e(). That's why I include -eret clear- here. Then you can just say

simulate, reps(`reps') nodots saving(simlogit1.dta, replace): simlogit

and it will pick up all the scalars that you have created in the program.

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html