st: RE: xtlogit chamberlain sector-fixed effects

From   "Rodrigo Alfaro A." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: xtlogit chamberlain sector-fixed effects
Date   Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:45:03 -0300

///

Fardad,

Well, you could add dummies to any problem, but 100 parameters could
give you a nonsense result if your sample size is small. There is a good
paper by Greene that covers this
(http://www.stern.nyu.edu/~wgreene/nonlinearfixedeffects.pdf). Maybe you
will need to find a correspondece between panel and your problem.

I think that your Chamberlian's model refer to -clogit- or -xtlogit,
fe-. A good econometrician that has more than one paper. Anyway, you
should read in the manual the assumptions of that model. In general is a
nice solution for the problem, but it can be implemented only in logit
model. In other words, we know that binary variables are 0 or 1, but we
are not sure that the model behind is logit, probit or any probabilistic
model.

Good luck

Rodrigo.