st: Re: some feature requests

Subject   st: Re: some feature requests
Date   Mon, 20 Oct 2008 19:21:19 +0200

Just back from the wishes and grumbles at the Milan User Group Meeting and now this message. Should have said that yesterday...
Anyway, StataCorp are listening in to the list...

HTH
Martin

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Airey" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 5:02 PM
Subject: st: some feature requests

I was just thinking about Stata 10.1 versus when I started using it (v7). It is a much better environment now. What's missing for me?

Maybe nonlinear mixed models. Sometimes in pharmacology or genetics we have nonlinear curves and hierarchical data sets.

Maybe some more covariance patterns in linear mixed models. Toeplitz has been used in some of our genetics applications.

Also some of the chapters in West, Welch, and Galecki "Linear Mixed Models" did not have complete models for Stata because of a lack of features (e.g., allowing residual variances to vary between different levels of a group variable).

I still on occasion use a rotating plot in another package (R, JMP or Data Desk).

Maybe a book on linear algebra for statistics using Mata. I had thought about translating Searle's text, but have no time.