st: announcing the meeting

From   Sophia Rabe-Hesketh <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: announcing the meeting
Date   Thu, 16 Oct 2008 18:02:45 +0100

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all busy announcing the program for
the Stata meeting in your local areas. At the bottom
of this email is a suggested text.

Do any of you know people in social science/economics/
public health/etc. departments at Stanford who might
announce the meeting to their departments?
(I have just emailed Simon Jackman from Political
Science, but I can't think of anyone else...)

John Neuhaus also suggested trying Hayward State and
the company Genetech. Do any of you have contacts
there?

Thanks.

Best wishes,

Sophia

*****

There will be a Stata Users Group Meeting in downtown
San Francisco on November 13-14.

See http://www.stata.com/meeting/fnasug08/index.html

The invited speakers are Christopher Baum (Department of
Economics, Boston College), Colin Cameron (Department of
Economics, UC–Davis), John Neuhaus (Department of Epidemiology
and Biostatistics, UC–San Francisco), and Joe Schafer
(Department of Statistics, Penn State).

Topics include multilevel modeling, multiple imputation,
survey data analysis, a tutorial on Stata's matrix programming
language "mata", and many more. See the above web site for the
full program.

*****