Re: st: Generating an ID

From   Man Jia <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Generating an ID
Date   Fri, 10 Oct 2008 13:33:03 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Maria,

In my opinion, you could reshape your data into wide version:
(where a twin pair is only one line)

name / Twin name / TwinID
Helena Harris / Joanne Moore / 1
Kevin Dedman / Tom Dedman / 2
Freya Lamb / Sandra Scott / 3

Please see -reshape -
And then generate twinID. And then reshape it back into long version.

Mandy