st: Re: Confidence Interval vs Confidence in Judgement

From   "Victor M. Zammit" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: Confidence Interval vs Confidence in Judgement
Date   Fri, 10 Oct 2008 18:11:27 +0200

Dear Stata users,
I am reproducing a t-table,for degrees of freedom, from 1 to 30,and after
taking 40,000 random samples  of obs.,from  2 to 31,each time from an
infinite normally distributed population ,and repeated the whole process for
10 times,my ttable has converged pretty much to that of Fisher and Yates.
The program is very simple and I would be very glad to reproduce it to any
one interested.
But having established the various confidence intervals associated with the
t-values for the degrees of freedom indicates above,I am finding it
counter-intuitive, that the closer the t-value is to 0,and hence the closer
you are to being correct in your judgement,the smaller the resulting
confidence interval.Obviously,I am confusing high confidence with wide
confidence interval.
I would like to know of other terminology that would make the concept less
counter-intuitive.
I thank you in advance,
Victor M. Zammit