Re: st: Imbalance in control versus treated group, and weights

Subject   Re: st: Imbalance in control versus treated group, and weights
Date   Wed, 8 Oct 2008 12:38:33 -0400

It is possible that some kind of propensity score reweighting or
regression discontinuity design would be appropriate here, but without
much more information, it is hard to offer any specific advice.  How
does z affect x in the group supposed to have x=1?  Do you observe
outcomes for the group supposed to have x=1 but having x=0? Etc.

Running a probit with the assumption E(y)=F(b0+b1*x+b2*z) seems
unlikely to recover a good estimate of the effect of x on y unless
that assumption is actually true!