Re: st: RE: Nonparametric test

From   nigussie Tefera <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Nonparametric test
Date   Wed, 8 Oct 2008 08:05:17 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all

Many thanks for your help! I solved my problem in the following ways

tab incomecat, gen(incom)

This command generate table for income category and also generate dummies for each income groups
as "incom1", "incom2" and "incom3" and then

oneway incom1 country, tab
oneway incom2 country, tab
oneway incom3 country, tab

This gives me three oneway anova tables and then I organized it into a single table. I hope it makes sense now. I am reporting p-values for paired test column.

----- Original Message ----
From: Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, October 7, 2008 6:37:31 PM
Subject: Re: st: RE: Nonparametric test

>  Unless you took care to identify all the person you could have
> sampled, and you ensured each of those persons had an equal
> likelihood of being sampled, it doesn't sound to me like you are in
> a position to use survey statistics.

Nigussie may have have survey data even if neither of these
conditions are true:

1)  Rarely do surveys have a list of individuals who could have been
sampled. Simple case: a three stage area sample: 1. blocks; 2.
households, 3. individuals. The first list is a list of blocks. After
units are drawn at one stage, only units eligible for drawing at the
next stage are listed.

2)  Most multi-stage samples do not maintain equal probabilities of
selection for the last stage units.  It can be done, however.  For
example, an area sample can make the probability of selecting each
household the same.  If information is gathered from or about all
individuals in a household, each will inherit the household's
probability.

-Steve