Re: st: RE: survival analysis: an elementary question

From   Michael McCulloch <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: survival analysis: an elementary question
Date   Fri, 3 Oct 2008 20:18:20 -0700

Sorry Kieran I wasn't clear. Yes, about the hazard ratio.
And thank you for clarifying.

Are you looking at the hazard ratio or the beta coefficient?  The CI
around the HR can't be negative, but it can be negative around the beta.

Kieran McCaul MPH PhD
WA Centre for Health & Ageing (M573)
University of Western Australia
Level 6, Ainslie House
48 Murray St
Perth 6000
Phone: (08) 9224-2140
Fax: (08) 9224 8009
email: [email protected]
http://myprofile.cos.com/mccaul
The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist.