st: re: restoring dataset

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: re: restoring dataset
Date   Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:17:41 -0400

< >

Choudry said:

I have a question. After using the command "keep" or "drop" and running
an analysis, how can i ask stata to use all the data again. The problem
starts when I run command e.g. for a subset of years and later I want to
run command on whole years in the same do file again.

He answered half of his question: he wants to use the -restore- command. But before doing that he must have the foresight to use - preserve-:

sysuse auto
summ
preserve
keep if foreign
summ
restore

etc. Admittedly a silly example, as one could just summarize if foreign, but illustrative.

-help preserve-

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search