st: RE: etime trouble.

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: etime trouble.
Date   Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:37:34 +0100

-etime- is a user-written program on SSC. (_Please_ specify whenever you
are using user-written programs and where they come from.)

Dan Blanchette is the author. If there is no reply to this, I suggest
you contact him directly.

Either way, error reports of this kind are very difficult to answer.
Sometimes it does what you expect; sometimes it doesn't. The analysis
may well lie in reviewing what you expect!

Another tip is that you can always use -viewsource- to look at the code.
If -etime- doesn't do what you want, you may need to write your
alternative. That is the only fix that seems probable.

Ashim Kapoor

Hello everyone,

I have the following code: -

etime, start

blah blah!

etime

Mostly this runs fine. Sometimes it gives me the error. -- > . etime
the first time you invoke etime you need to use the start
>  option

which means it "forgets " that I have started etime.

What are the things I can do to fix this ?