Re: st: STATA 11 release date guesses?

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: STATA 11 release date guesses?
Date   Mon, 25 Aug 2008 18:54:04 +0100 (BST)

--- Richard Boylan <[email protected]> wrote:
> I just got a new computer & so I am tempted of upgrading to the
> 64-bit version of STATA. Does anyone have any guesses of when STATA
> 11 is coming out? I.e., in a few months or a year?

Given that the just released 10.1, it would be reasonable to assume
that it will take a while. StataCorp will never announce when it will
release the next version, but once it has released the new version it
usually offers reduced prices for those who recently bought Stata, so
you are pretty safe anyhow (they will always have to put a limit on how
recent is recent, and it will always be annoying if you are that one
person who is one day late, but there is not much that can be done
about that...).

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam