st: How CAN I test the equality of coefficients across two differentstobit estimations

From   olivier lohest <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: How CAN I test the equality of coefficients across two differentstobit estimations
Date   Fri, 22 Aug 2008 18:52:12 +0000

Dear Statalisters,

I have the following problem but couldnt solved it quite sometime.

I have estimated with tobit regressions two differents equations (on cross section data) i.e

TOBIT Y1 X1 X2 X3 X4

and

TOBIT Y2 X1 X2 X3

the explanatory variables are the same in the two equations but the Y are not the same (Y1 is the concentration rate of firms created by a man, and Y2 is the concentration rate of firms created by a woman)

I would like to test if the coefficients of X1 are the same in the two equations ?

DO YOU HAVE A SOLUTION?

HOW CAN I PROGRAM THIS IN STATA?
 Thanks a lot
ol

Emportez vos amis et vos emails partout… A la côte, en ville ou dans le fin fond des Ardennes !
http://windowslivemobile.msn.com/?lang=fr-BE