Re: st: error message when constructing histograms

From   "Joao Ricardo F. Lima" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: error message when constructing histograms
Date   Fri, 22 Aug 2008 14:21:17 -0300

Frederic,

You don�t show your command, then it�s difficult to solve the problem.
My Stata SE 10.1 on XP works fine.

**begin example*****
sysuse sp500
histogram volume
**end example******

Update your Stata to 10.1.

Best regards,

Joao Lima

2008/8/22 postkarte <[email protected]>:
> Dear Statalist readers,
>
> when attempting to construct histograms, I get the following error message
>

> buildPlotCommandValues.copyToString build_cmd_output: class type not found
>

> Since trying to construct the same histogram with the same dataset on
> a different machine works just fine, I tried to reinstall STATA and
> use the latest updates available but to no avail. I use version SE 10
> on an XP machine.
>
> Has anyone experienced a similar problem and knows how to resolve it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Frederic

Joao Ricardo Lima
Professor