Re: st: Problem with ARIMA-ARCH model

From   Robert A Yaffee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Problem with ARIMA-ARCH model
Date   Mon, 18 Aug 2008 13:07:38 -0400

Vasja,
   Sometimes when the variance model is more properly specified, the mean model
parameter estimates emerge as similar although not identical.   If the response surface
of the nonlinear model has ridges, meadows, or mutliple modes,  you might wind up in
a local optima, which could lead to different results.  This is a common problems
with nonlinear models such as the GARCH type.  You might try other specifications of your
GARCH model.  I hope that helps.
    - Regards,
              Bob Yaffee

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.