Re: st: xtabond2: Sargan test

From   "Augusto Cadenas" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtabond2: Sargan test
Date   Mon, 18 Aug 2008 18:32:43 +0200

Sevcan,

sorry to reply only with more questions, but...: why don't you include
the lagged dependent variable L.y in your -gmm()- option? After all,
that's the whole point about the dynamic panels literature.

If your tests reject the null, why don't you try the difference GMM
estimator instead? (option -noleveleq-) It could be that the
assumption underlying system GMM, namely that initial values be
uncorrelated to the fixed effects, is violated in your dataset.

And finally: do you have an economic rationale for the suboptions
-eq(diff)- and -eq(level)- you're using there?

Augusto