Re: st: Wald interval and the WSJ

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Wald interval and the WSJ
Date   Thu, 14 Aug 2008 13:39:23 -0400

I misnumbered the probabilities in the 2nd paragraph and probably
confused everyone. The paragraph should have been:

With the article data.  P0 = .062 and P1 = .092.  The denominator
term in the test statistic for the Wald test is 0.012401.  The
denominator term with P0 and P1 is .012591.   The ratio is .984876.
Therefore the proper Z statistic would be equal to the Wald statistic
reduced by this ratio.

-Steve

Steven Samuels
845-246-0774