st: [Fwd: help in obtaining a bar graph]

From   Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: [Fwd: help in obtaining a bar graph]
Date   Tue, 12 Aug 2008 20:55:17 -0400

Apologies if this appears more than once -- I originally sent it several hours ago, I have not seen a copy on the list yet and it is not in either archive:

Hi:

I have two variables defined as shown in the following table:

| event
type1 | N Y | Total
-----------+----------------------+----------
N | 4,403 166 | 4,569
| 53.35 31.44 | 52.03
-----------+----------------------+----------
Y | 3,850 362 | 4,212
| 46.65 68.56 | 47.97
-----------+----------------------+----------
Total | 8,253 528 | 8,781
| 100.00 100.00 | 100.00

I want a bar graph showing 4 bars as follows:
166/528 and 4569/8781
362/528 and 4212/8781

I.e., I want the Y and Total columns rather than the N and Y columns.

I have no idea how to get this and any help/ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Note that I can live with having 6 bars (2 for the N column in addition)
if I have to.

Thanks,

Rich

*