Re: st: minor annoyance

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: minor annoyance
Date   Thu, 07 Aug 2008 15:57:13 -0400

Nice suggestions, Nick W & Phil.

Obviously (per Nick C) I'm not necessarily advocating StataCorp
tailor Stata to my personal specs. Occasionally (esp when too long
at the keyboard) one feels the need to vent about one's peeves,
and I'm not sure where other than statalist one can vent about
c(current_date). Of course, by the time I found these responses
I'd solved the problem (not so elegantly as here) and moved onto
other things; apologies to anyone who felt compelled to read or
respond to what seemed to them a trivial post.

cheers!
Jeph

Phil Schumm wrote:

Technically, you don't even need the macro expansion characters here:

    global today date(c(current_date),"DMY")

will do just fine.

-- Phil