[no subject]

< >

In an earlier message I wrote

Estimation of each of these equations with Arellano-Bond would be perfectly appropriate. There are no cross-equation constraints. It is a common misconception that if you can write down a system of equations (in this case a recursive system) you need a systems estimator. Systems estimators potentially gain efficiency; they are not needed for consistency. "Limited information" estimation, that is, estimating each equation separately with Arellano-Bond is just fine here. In the absence of cross-equation constraints, you never 'need' to use a systems estimator.

My advice still holds re the example below. Arellano-Bond and similar dynamic panel estimators are often applied to models in which one or more of the RHS variables are considered jointly determined with the LHS variable. Estimation of each equation by A-B or Blundell-Bond should yield consistent estimates if tests show that the specification is adequate and the lagged instruments are suitably uncorrelated with the error.

And no, at this point I do not know other Stata solutions for a systems estimator of dynamic panels. Perhaps if you could cite a specific estimator that you are interested in, it would be easier to ascertain whether it could readily be implemented using existing Stata commands.

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html