RE: st: How can I do a weighted logit?

From   jverkuilen <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: How can I do a weighted logit?
Date   Fri, 1 Aug 2008 09:40:26 -0400

Richard Williams wrote:

>I generally find that Stata is much much smarter than I am and that I
should trust its judgment.  >

Amen to that. There are a few areas where I disagree with what a procedure does or doesn't do (factor analysis being the most obvious example). But in general, to paraphrase my numerical analysis professor from grad school:

"Unless you have a damn good reason, use the library code. Surely you don't think the code you wrote in a weekend is better than what someone spent two months perfecting?" Now CS guys are stereotypically more arrogant than statisticians, who are trained in a deep disciplinary conservativism, but still the principal holds.