RE: st: Question about multinomial logistic regression and random effects with multiply imputed data

From   "Barksdale, Crystal" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Question about multinomial logistic regression and random effects with multiply imputed data
Date   Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:50:51 -0400

Thank you Maarten, for your assistance and suggestions.  Unfortunately,
our group has already explored using the Stata program gllamm with our
multiply imputed data, and it does not work with the "mim" commands.

We are considering running the analyses on each multiply imputed dataset
(separately), and then trying to combine the results manually; however,
we are having some difficulty figuring out how to store the parameter
estimates and standard errors for each variable and it's corresponding
category.  For example, if I run a multinomial logistic regression with
an outcome variable with 3 categories, I will get three separate
estimates of the predictor.  It is not immediately clear how to save
these three separate estimates and standard errors, to use ultimately in
combining the estimates across the multiply imputed datasets. Any
additional thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Thank you,
Crystal

Crystal L. Barksdale, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
624 N. Broadway
Hampton House, 808
Baltimore, MD 21205
(410) 502-9344 (office)