Re: st: probit with interaction dummies (significance and marginaleffects)

From   Alan Acock <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: probit with interaction dummies (significance and marginaleffects)
Date   Sat, 26 Jul 2008 19:54:10 -0700

I've not followed all of this discussion, but with continuous variables,
what Tony says makes centering extremely important. Centering education at
12 years in the U.S. Makes the 0 value meaningful. Changing where you center
a variable can dramatically change interactions so the centering should be
conceptually justified. Uncentered continuous variables for which a zero
value is extremely rare, e.g., years of education, age, etc., can produce
bizarre results.

Alan Acock

On 7/25/08 8:19 AM, "Tony Lachenbruch" <[email protected]>
wrote:Tony Lachenbruch