st: Event study

From   "Chawla, Kanika (GRS Delhi)" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Event study
Date   Sun, 27 Jul 2008 01:22:08 +0800

Dear stata users,

I am planning to do an event study for the first time and need some advice.

Before I ask my question, here is what I plan to test-- How does stock market reacts to rating announcements?

For my study I have a small sample of 29 companies and there are two announcements made till now. I have data on these companies from the year 2005 till date. I have defined the estimation and event window (3 day event window) and calculated abnormal returns for the event windows. Then I calculated cumulative abnormal return by aggregating abnormal return over the window. So basically, I have two cumulative abormal return for each company (for two announcement). Does the methodology sounds fine? Please advice.

I am not sure how to test the significance of these abnormal returns?

Thank you in advance

Kanika

http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us <http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us>
*   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search <http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search>
*   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq <http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq>
*   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/ <http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/>

Notice of Confidentiality
This transmission contains information that may be confidential.  It has been prepared for the sole and exclusive use of the intended recipient and on the basis agreed with that person.  If you are not the intended recipient of the message (or authorized to receive it for the intended recipient), you should notify us immediately; you should delete it from your system and may not disclose its contents to anyone else.

This e-mail has come to you from Watson Wyatt & Company.

<<winmail.dat>>