st: changing adopath and profile.do with mac OSX

From   Nirali Shah <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: changing adopath and profile.do with mac OSX
Date   Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:22:14 -0400

Hi,
I am using Stata 9 with my new Mac. I want to permanently change where new .ado files are downloaded and stored, and to have a profile.do start each time I start Stata.

Currently, when I type -sysdir-, I see:
STATA: /Applications/Stata/
UPDATES: /Applications/Stata/ado/updates/
BASE: /Applications/Stata/ado/base/
SITE: /Applications/Stata/ado/site/
PLUS: ~/ado/plus/
PERSONAL: ~/ado/personal/
OLDPLACE: ~/ado/

I can change the paths for PLUS and PERSONAL using:
sysdir set PLUS "/Applications/Stata/ado/plus/" and
sysdir set PERSONAL "/Applications/Stata/ado/personal/", but when I restart Stata, these directories revert to that above. How do I make my directory change permanent?

In a related question, I thought I could create a do file which would run automatically when I start Stata. I saved it in "/Library/ Application Support/Stata", but this does not seem to work either.

Any assistance for a new Mac and statalist user is appreciated.
Nirali
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search