Re: st: bar chart fill patterns? use tabplot

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: bar chart fill patterns? use tabplot
Date   Sat, 19 Jul 2008 17:36:10 -0400

Dear Richard,

you have a nice collection of references of why it is neither
desirable, nor possible to do pattern fills in Stata. But if you still
think you need it, then see the example -parea- command:

findit parea

It does pattern fills (up to 10) in standard twoway area command. You
can modify the bar command in a similar manner. This works in Windows.
Not sure about other systems, but macs are almost surely out of play.

Alternatively, you can look in the settings of your printer to see if
it has any option to adjust half-toning used to represent shades (if
this is a bw printer, like a laserjet). I think you might have better
luck with the older drivers (but the patters if any will probably be
too small to be distinguishable with a naked eye, e.g. hatching at
1200 dpi....)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
  Sergiy Radyakin