st: transposing data set

From   Mike Hine <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: transposing data set
Date   Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:14:10 -0400

Hello
I am new to Stata and am trying to manipulate my data set so I can do some multilevel analyses on it.

Currently, each record in the data set represents one participant's results from an experiment. Included in each record are some participant level variables (personality measures, performance etc) and some repeated measures (various state emotion variables from t1 through t6 among others)

Essentially I would like to re-organize the data set so that each record represents a time period from the experiment. So if I have 100 participants I would end up with 600 records. I would like the participant level variables replicated for each new t1 through t6 record per participant.

I perused the data management manual and saw xpose which seems like it would be helpful but not a complete solution.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mike

*
* For searches and help try: