Re: st: RE: Stata doesn't complain about non-existent value label

Subject   Re: st: RE: Stata doesn't complain about non-existent value label
Date   Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:12:16 -0400

Clyde Schechter--
Whenever you are testing equality, it is up to you to make sure that
both sides of the double equal sign make sense, e.g. have the same
precision (so you don't wind up with a false negative comparing 1 and
1+epsdouble for example).  In your case, you might want to check that
the RHS of the == is there, with e.g. -confirm- as illustrated in the
cut-and-paste example here:

conf n `="Alive":live_statusw'
la def live_statusw 1 "Alive"
conf n `="Alive":live_statusw'

On 7/17/08, Nick Cox <[email protected]> wrote:
> Good question. Here's a stab.
<snip>