st: Stata and biology/biomedical sciences

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Stata and biology/biomedical sciences
Date   Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:26:41 -0500

.

Is it my mistaken impression or is Stata becoming mostly an environment used by econometricians and social scientists, whereas as R is used more by biologists? Or is it just that Stata is very popular with these groups and healthy with others, etc. The user group meeting has no talks from biologists who use quantitative methods. I am not saying that Stata's capabilities prevent use by biologists needing stats at all, just noting the majority of talks seem to be from econometricians or social scientists.

-Dave
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search