st: GLLAMM model when overdispersed poisson data

From   "Johan Mesterton" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: GLLAMM model when overdispersed poisson data
Date   Wed, 16 Jul 2008 13:29:01 +0200

Dear all,

I'm analyzing several different outcomes using a multilevel model
(GLLAMM) on my clustered data. One of the outcomes is count data with
some outliers (that I do not want to remove) and when fitting the
model using family(poisson) overdispersion is a problem. As
family(nbinomial) cannot be used within the GLLAMM framework, can
anyone guide me as to how I could solve this problem?

The program does not accept me using the family(gamma) for the model -
possibly because the program recognizes that it is count data.

Best regards,
Johan