st: question about permutation combinations of rows in stata

From   Dalhia <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: question about permutation combinations of rows in stata
Date   Sat, 12 Jul 2008 10:33:18 -0700 (PDT)

hi, Is there a way to automatically perform permutation combination of specified rows in stata.  I have data on the list of participants for bunch of deals. Here is how my data is currently:

Deal_1, participant_1
Deal_1, participant_2
Deal_1, participant_3
Deal_1, participant_4
Deal_2, participant_11
Deal_2, participant_12

Here is what I want the data to appear as:

participant_1, participant_2
participant_1, participant_3
participant_1, participant_4
participant_2, participant_3
participant_2, participant_4
participant_3, participant_4
participant_11, participant_12

Basically I want to show the ties between participants of deals. Hence I need the permutation combinations of all participants in each deal.  Is there a way to automate this at least to a certain extent in stata?

Thank you so much for your help
dalhia mani