Re: st: Does Windows 2003 Server Provide a means to use more than2GB of memory?

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Does Windows 2003 Server Provide a means to use more than2GB of memory?
Date   Wed, 09 Jul 2008 09:25:10 -0400

If you are going to the trouble of buying a new machine, you
might as well look at using XP64 (64-bit XP); it can access up
to 64GB RAM, and is probably more usable than Server 2003.
Stata Corp will upgrade your license to 64bit for only a token
fee.

hth,
Jeph

Thomas Jacobs wrote:
I am running Stata SE 10 under Windows XP and have seen more than
once, as I understand it, in this list that physical memory in excess
of 2GB cannot be accessed due to limitations of Windows XP.  I have
access to Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition which claims to provide
access to up to 4GB.  Before I go to the trouble of buying a machine
with 4GB of RAM can anyone share whether this will work?  Will Stata
SE 10 be able to access more than 2GB of RAM running on Windows Server
2003?  Thanks.

Tom

--
Thomas Jacobs