st: How to use [metan] for HR, lowerCI and upperCI?

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: How to use [metan] for HR, lowerCI and upperCI?
Date   Tue, 8 Jul 2008 13:05:12 -0300 (BRT)

Just update your metan. with a new version will certainly work.

Tiago

Dear Tom:
  I am having difficulty using the metan command,both
from the command line and from the (installed) dialog
screen.I have several Hazard Ratio and 95% CI of
different studies as follows:

studyid  hr  ll  ul
Herbst  .995  .86  1.16
Thatch  .89  .77  1.02
Sheph  .7  .58  .85
Gatze  1.06  .9  1.23
Heym  1.28  .78  2.1
Rsell  .71  .5  1.1

Following the directions on the metan dialog screen, I
have  entered the basic command as:
metan hr ll ul
.And get an error that "too few variables" are
specified.IF I entered the basic command as:
metan lnhr lnll lnul
.And still get an error that "too few variables" are
specified.I have looked up quite a few articles and
help files on metan, but so far all  examples use
binary data or other approaches besides the Effect and
95% CI variables to compute the meta-analysis stats.By
the way,my STAT version is 10,my metan version is
1.85.What should I do?

Thank you !