Re: st: re: building a 'dream' stata desktop setup

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: re: building a 'dream' stata desktop setup
Date   Tue, 8 Jul 2008 10:13:28 -0500

.

Especially since Intel has now recommended programmers prepare their code for more cores than currently on the market or imaginable (i.e., 100s to 1000s). What are we going to pay for Stata then? Clearly, Stata is charging more because they can and those who buy 8 core machines have money in their pockets. When it is the norm to have a larger number of cores, prices will not be by the core, or no one will buy Stata.

-Dave