st: Simultaneous equations with panel data

From   "Luis Ortiz" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Simultaneous equations with panel data
Date   Fri, 4 Jul 2008 20:24:24 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

I am trying to do research on a joint choice; that is, two choices that
could be simultaneous when individuals enter into the labour market. I am
actually interested in one of these choices, but I cannot avoid the fact
that such a choice is simultaneous to another one.

Therefore, I have looked for commands in STATA that allows for simultaneous
equations modeling of the following kind, where the dependent variable in
each one of the models becomes an independent variable in the other model:

Y1 = Y2 + X1 + X3�
Y2 = Y1 + X1 + X3�

An additional problem in my analysis is that I am dealing with panel data.

After reading STATALIST messages and FAQs, I�m not sure if either ivprob,
reg3 or biprobit could be of any use.

Any guidance in this respect would be really helpful

Thanks for your attention and my apologies, if the question is rather na�f.

Luis Ortiz