st: Testing goodness of fit

From   "Marie-Therese Cooney" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Testing goodness of fit
Date   Fri, 4 Jul 2008 13:16:17 +0100

Hi,

I have derived a model for predicting 10 survival, based on certain
risk factors. The follow-up time in my dataset is variable, so I have
used Cox
methods in the derivation.

But to test it I have been using Hosmer Lemeshow (the downloadable hl
command in STATA). My problem is that I can shorten the follow-up on
the longer observations to 10 years in order to run this, but there is
nothing I can do with the shorter follow-ups. So, the test shows that
the risk is over-estimated, because some of those who are included in
the observed 10 year risk only have 5 years of follow-up.

Does anyone know if there is a goodness of fit test that can use
variable follow-up in STATA (similar to the post estimation command
for Harell's C instead of AUROC)?

Many thanks for your help,
MTC