Re: st: Augmented Dickey-Fuller or and Philips-Perron

From   Robert A Yaffee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Augmented Dickey-Fuller or and Philips-Perron
Date   Thu, 03 Jul 2008 22:14:59 -0400

If you are wondering which of these tests has more power, you should
read G.S. Maddala and In-Moo Kim's book  "Unit Roots, Cointegration,
and Structural Change."  On page 100,  they note that DeJong et al (1992)
mention both the ADF and suffers from size distortion from negatively
correlated MA errors, whereas the PP tests suffers from this from correlated
AR or MA errors.  They say that the PP tests have lower power and that
ADF tests have more power and probably should be preferred in practice.
This may depend on the circumstances.
      Regards,
         Bob Yaffee

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.